Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stucco and Sheetrock

So, I went out to the house on Saturday, March 14th. It had been raining all weekend, so I was lucky I made it into the house without getting stuck in the mud! The sheetrock was finished last week and the texture was sprayed (or however it works) on the walls. Here are a few pictures, mainly of the same views I have been posting. Hopefully someone cleans up soon. I brought Rigby with me a few weeks ago and he was trying to eat everything on the ground. I think this week, the cabinets and trim have been going up and the stucco is being completed. The painter goes out tomorrow. Not sure what he starts with, trim or cabinets. I think for the most part I have picked everything out. The only things I can think of that I haven't gotten yet are cabinet knobs and doorknobs. Oh, and the tile for my backsplash and surrounding the fireplace. Unfortunately for Andrew, I told him he is really good at that and should just pick it out for me. We'll see how far I get with that.



Foyer and Living Room. If you are wondering about all of the holes in the ceiling of the living room, I am putting in a fan and 4 can lights. The other holes are for the surround sound.


Stucco, and lots of mud, and garbage.


The front of the house. I can't wait for the garage door to be in, the shutters to be up and the awning to be over the door. Still waiting on word about the awning. The guy who was initally going to make it recently told Andrew he wasn't, so now we are waiting on another company.



The Front Bedroom a.k.a. (Little) Andrew's Bedroom



The arches, edges finished, sheetrock floated, texture in place. The door to the left is the office and straight ahead is the laundry room.


No comments:

Post a Comment