Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blush, Bashful, and Begonia

Will my office look like it has been hosed down with Pepto-Bismal when all is said and done? Maybe. I'm okay with that. Things are continuing to move along at the house. The painter has been very busy the last week. I love the colors, although they do not show up well on camera. I think the pictures make the rooms look pretty grey, but they are really more of a green shade. Just something you have to see in person. And after tonight, you'll have to get in through me (or someone else with a key). Too many people have been stopping by to help themselves to a look around. Oh, and a few buckets of paint. I went to Lowe's today at lunch to buy temporary locks to keep the lil' bad kids out.
The painter was doing a few 'samples' of the cabinets for me. Apparently that meant he was going to paint ALL of the cabinets and then see what I thought of the finishes. Guess he just really likes to paint. Or likes the fumes. Who knows? That said, I was not crazy about the way the kitchen cabinets came out. So, eventually, the finish on the kitchen cabinets will be toned down a little, and the island will certainly not stay red.




The front door has been stained. Exciting! For me.


My bedroom and bath.



Kitchen. Mighty glare. The crown molding isn't up every where in the kitchen yet. The color looks really good with the cypress cabinets.


The island really throws me off but the point really is the wall color.


The kitchen cabinets (right now). They will be toned down. Right now they remind me of something that would be in Miss Havisham's house.



Master Bath. The spare bedrooms are the same color.



Master Bath. I wish the color showed up better.


Bedroom


"Andrew's Bedroom"


The office. This is only after one coat, so it should tone down a little. I don't care. I love it! Eventually, french doors will be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment