Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lights...

So, this week started off well. The mantle is up now. Demco finally ran the underground electrical line. That means the driveway and sidewalk will be poured next week. I need to come up with how I want all of that done -- I know I don't want a solid mass of concrete in the front. If anyone has suggestions, send them my way. The tile went in, the gutters went up (or maybe that was last week). Either way, things were going well. Until the lights. Which I should have known were going to involve a little drama. The sales lady has been flaky since the day after I met with her -- when she was supposed to send me an estimate, which I finally got 2 weeks later. Should. Have. Known. Really, everything is pretty much okay now, but there was a moment when I had to quickly run to Notoco and get all new ceiling fans, light kits, and downrods (except the one in the living room). The pendant light over the sink in the kitchen is on backorder. It is really cute, so I'm bummed about that. Still, I'm glad it is that light instead of something like the dining or foyer lights. That would stink! One of the vanity lights for the master bath is not at the house, but I am hoping either we over looked it or it somehow didn't make it on the truck today. Anyway, some of the lights have gone up. I'll be going out there tomorrow at some point to see the rest of the progress. See for yourself...


Another picture of the office. Better view. The office will have wood floors, just another element that will warm it up (along with the second coat of paint)


Ceiling fans that are in the spare bedrooms


Tile in the Master Bath. Honestly, I had narrowed it down to this one and a different one. I thought I went with the other one, but this one is darker so it probably worked out for the best -- we all know I'm not the quickest to clean floors.


Dining Room light. It is one of my favorite -- along with my foyer light, but it isn't up yet.

Outside fan. The beadboard on the ceiling will be stained when the painter comes back.


The latest view of the front -- gutters.


The front lights.


The mantle. It still needs to be stained, but I love it! The outlet has since been moved to be on the mantle. A little communication breakdown there. But it has been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment